Work that needs to be done. | Ambitious Gamer

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SDArchAngel 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

SDArchAngel
    Keymaster

Hello there. My name is Michael Capuano and I manage this website, it’s targeted at helping new and established Twitch.tv and Youtube Game streamers and sponsors. The URL to my website is:

https://www.ambitiousgamer.com — (You’re here now!) 😀 Please feel free to navigate around site and peek around.

I am in search of a long term web developer and partner on this. Who, will work with me until the site becomes successful and begins to generate revenue. Agreeing to this partnership will entitle you to a % of income that the site generates, up to an agreed targeted amount.
    — There *is* risk involved in this project. If the site is unsuccessful, the work performed will be pro-bono. However, there is a tremendous need for in the industry on what my web page claims to deliver, and , if successful, can become quite lucrative. If you have further ideas about -how- , I would be happy to answer them.

Please read the below thoroughly and only agree to work with me on these conditions.

1) You understand that it may not pay out.
    2) You are enthusiastic about building and developing something for this industry to add to your portfolio.

3) You are fun to work with! 🙂

— If these conditions are met, please review the following work needed.

Here is the work that I need done on the website, outlined below before I really begin advertising it.

1) Create a copy of the current theme and plugins like a snapshot and create a child theme and activate it, so that changes may be processed on the child theme without impacting the parent.

2) Fix the site registration page at https://www.ambitiousgamer.com/register — Would like the bodyBGColor to be white, text to be black, and the sign up form to be fixed. Right now it only partially loads.
    – In addition to this, I need the sign up to be more streamlined and easier with the SuperSocializerPlugin. Right now, the site creates 2 active accounts, one for

WordPress and one for BuddyPress.

– Site registration needs to include the Games Library in which people can click on games they are currently streaming or enjoy watching, as well as the genre’s they are interested in. The GAMER PROFILE and GAMES LIBRARY have a very close relationship on this page. Registration needs to put these gamers / streamers inside the GAME PROFILES once those are redesigned as well.

3) Develop and implement a UI change to the Gamer Profiles. These profiles now display on their own pages, within their own windows. I don’t want this. I want for the profiles to open a new webpage window within the webpage (It would be cool to even utilize an animation for the window to open as well) An example of how this should look is below:

I need certain data to appear on this new gamer profile page as well, which will pull from a database being implemented at a later date. The pop-up must include the buddy press profile, and be receptive for further customizations in the future for these changes when the site goes really live. Please reference the database and game pages at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1406/monopoly for an example and a better understanding of what type of future updates need to be inclusive in these profiles. BuddyPress at it’s core also needs to remain fully functional. People should be able to post status updates or ‘live stream updates’ as my site will aptly name it and customize their pages including choosing different / various fonts for their username that can match their personality and stand out on these profiles.

Concept artwork link:

View post on imgur.com

Our program / python at the moment interacts with Twitch’s API and collects their username, the profile type, the twitch / site bio and some statistics already, and I need that to be visible on the pages. I will connect the web developer with the database administrator to establish these links.

4) Develop and implement a major UI change to the Games Library.

I essentially would like the Browse link on my webpage to behave similar to Netflix in a way. (Browse is located in the main navigation menu next to Home)
    Right now my site utilizes PODS (A WordPress Plugin) to create the games library. However, I do not like the way in which it displays on my website. Right now, it is a big mess.

Games Directory

The games search function at the top works properly but I dont like how these games are being displayed. It should behave similar to the Gamer Profiles page and concepts above but be visually more stimulating. Like Netflix. I would like the list of games to be arranged in rows and columns and I would like web animation on mouse-over that would show its ready to be selected. A sorter like Netflix uses would be amazing here. Once the game is clicked on, a new window should pop up inside the browser (The same as the BuddyPRess Profile page) except it will be the Game Profile. These game Profiles need to be done extremely well as they are the entire concept behind my site and the site’s success depends on them. The relationships that these pages have with the GAMER PROFILES is essential.. Allowing streamers to essentially put themselves inside the games they stream. (Which will then better connect them to their target audiences).

4) Develop and implement a major UI change to the Games Library.

I essentially would like the Browse link on my webpage to behave similar to Netflix in a way. (Browse is located in the main navigation menu next to Home)
    Right now my site utilizes PODS (A WordPress Plugin) to create the games library. However, I do not like the way in which it displays on my website. Right now, it is a big mess.

Games Directory

The games search function at the top works properly but I dont like how these games are being displayed. It should behave similar to the Gamer Profiles page and concepts above but be visually more stimulating. Like Netflix. I would like the list of games to be arranged in rows and columns and I would like web animation on mouse-over that would show its ready to be selected. A sorter like Netflix uses would be amazing here. Once the game is clicked on, a new window should pop up inside the browser (The same as the BuddyPRess Profile page) except it will be the Game Profile. These game Profiles need to be done extremely well as they are the entire concept behind my site and the site’s success depends on them. The relationships that these pages have with the GAMER PROFILES is essential.. Allowing streamers to essentially put themselves inside the games they stream. (Which will then better connect them to their target audiences).

please visit:

Sea of Thieves

Instead of how this page presently displays, It needs to be like the concept art above only cooler. Instead of a cover photo I should be able to upload game video even. or use a static image. (This should only be adjustable by a site administrator). The game pages need to have a lot more interactivity and concept work done as well to them. These need to load within the browser, within their own window and not have their own ‘blog’ sub-pages. the entire header , date, likes, title etc shown above is all redundant and unnecessary except for what’s written over the game image (data from the Game POD once the game was added)

There is more beyond this, but this is what is essentially needed before I can begin pushing the site.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  SDArchAngel.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.